Welcome to the City of Jefferson, MissouriUpon arriving in Jefferson City, visitors are captivated by the majestic Missouri River and tree lined bluffs. Missouri’s capital city, Jefferson City’s beauty shines not only through its natural landscape, but also through the many historic buildings and special landmarks. The Missouri State Capitol, Supreme Court Building, Governor’s Mansion and charming Downtown are just a few of the architectural treasures that anchor this unique community, a real gem tucked away in the heart of the nation. Aside from the many museums to explore, fine cuisine, quaint boutiques and beautiful parks are just waiting to be discovered. Come see for yourself why Jefferson City was chosen as “America’s Most Beautiful Small Town!” Watch our winning video here.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Cole County COVID Update Press Conference (December 23, 2020)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information - covidvaccine.mo.gov
- Missouri Housing Development Commission - Launches Missouri Emergency Rental Arrears Program (ERAP) - (December 7, 2020)
- CCHD PINK Educational Handout From Testing Locations In Cole County (December 4, 2020) - Replaces Lime Green Sheet
- MAYOR ENDORSES PUBLIC HEALTH WARNING (November 20, 2020)
MoDHSS Advisory (November 20, 2020)
- For More Information/Guidance From The Cole County Health Department Click Here
- Cole County and City of Jefferson COVID-19 Advisory (11-12-2020)
- Emergency Proclamation - Masks at City Meetings (July 20, 2020)
- Cole County Health Department Press Release Related to COVID Recommendations For Travel & Face Coverings (July 16, 2020)
- Emergency Declaration - Signage & Electronic Meetings (October 5, 2020)
CLICK HERE for more information on advice from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for prevention of COVID-19.
PLEASE NOTE: If you’re worried you have coronavirus or are displaying symptoms, please call your doctor or call the DHSS 24 hour hotline: 877-435-8411.
The City of Jefferson is recognized as a Housing and Urban Development Entitlement Community. Under the CARES Act, the City of Jefferson will receive $413,435 to alleviate the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
A previous survey was conducted to recognize the local impact of COVID-19 and help identify areas that need financial assistance. Survey results showed that childcare is an underserved need.
This survey will further define the immediate needs within our community. Future grant funding will be available based off of the survey results. You may access the survey by clicking on the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/G8TVZHJ. This survey will close on Friday, February 26.
Please feel free to forward the survey link to other childcare providers.
A reminder to citizens in Jefferson City that the Burning season ends on March 1st at sunset. Each year burning season starts on November 1st and ends at sunset on March 1st. Fire officials encourage citizens to utilize the compost facility at 2417 South Ridge Dr. in Jefferson City. Hours of operation are listed below.
March 16 through November 30
8 am to 7 pm, Monday through Friday
8 am to 5 pm, Saturday
Noon to 5 pm, Sunday
December 1 through March 15
8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday
8 am to 5 pm, on Saturday
Noon to 5 pm, on Sunday
Anyone needing additional information can call 634-6401 or click Here