Emily Donaldson, City Clerk, was appointed by the City Council on October 16, 2017. Emily began as Deputy Clerk on November 6, 2017, and officially as City Clerk on January 9, 2018.
By City Charter, the City Clerk serves at the pleasure of the Council, and is required to live inside the City. The Clerk's duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting citizens contact their Council representatives
- Certifying City records for legal proceedings
- Accepting petitions or appeals pertaining to City issues
- Filing candidates for election to City offices; certifying ballots for all City candidates and issues
- Providing City records when requested in accordance with Missouri Sunshine Law
- Preparing and distributing agendas and information for all City Council meetings; posting, distributing, and archiving agendas for all other official City meetings
- Attending all official City Council and Budget Committee meetings to record official minutes
- Designated as "Custodian of Records", preserving and protecting historical documents according to state laws
- Codifying, maintaining, and distributing, all ordinances which amend the City Code
- Issuing and tracking special tax bills for nuisance abatement and capital improvement projects
- Attesting signatures of City officials, and, when necessary, affixing the seal of the City to all documents
- Publishing all ordinances, resolutions, and minutes in a manner prescribed by law
- Providing Certified records, and appearing upon Court Order, for official court proceedings
- Notifications to public and private sector entities of City actions such as annexations, sales tax elections, etc.