Aquatics Facility Policies and Procedures
General Rules for Memorial Park Family Aquatic Center and Ellis-Porter Riverside Pool
- Pools are open daily except during threatening weather (thunderstorms and lightning) or when the projected high air temperature is 74 degrees or cooler.
- Profane language is not allowed in the pools. If you choose to use this type of language you will be asked to exit the facility for the day without a refund.
- All patrons must pay to enter the pool whether you’re swimming or just observing.
- Any individual wearing street clothes will not be allowed admission into the facility, unless you’re a parent or guardian of a child 8 years or younger.
- Appropriate swim attire must be worn. This includes male swim trunks, female one and two piece suits and tankini’s. Suits should not be see through. No thongs, long pants, inappropriate language, jean shorts or shorts with belt loops or rivets and anything else deemed not appropriate by the management staff.
- Certified lifeguards are on duty at all times for your safety.
- Children 10 years and under MUST be accompanied and supervised by a person 15 years of age or older.
- Outside food, drink, coolers or glass container are not allowed into the pools. Both pools have concession stands to meet your needs.
- Pool patrons are not allowed to leave the pools. Exceptions will be made for adults with managers approval.
- Parks and Recreation reserves the right to check baggage if deemed necessary.
Persons must be able to swim to use any waterslides.
- During periods of low attendance, various attractions and/or pools within the complex may close.
- During periods of extreme heat or high temperatures, staff will take 10 minute safety breaks throughout the day to clear the pool.
- Parks and Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Coin operated lockers are available at each facility.
- Paging of patrons is NOT permitted. It is the responsibility of pool patrons to make communicative arrangements prior to entering.
- Smoking/vaping of any kind is not permitted anywhere in the pool complex or parking lot.
- Any person under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted into the facility.
- US Coast Guard approved floatation devices only. Lifejackets available for use at front desk.
- Water wings and small inner tubes are permitted if parent/guardian is within arms reach of the child. Rafts and large inner tubes are NOT PERMITTED.
- Noodles are allowed into the facility.
- Close fitting swim diapers are required for all children who are not potty trained. Swim diapers are available at the admission gate for a nominal fee.
- Diaper changing stations are available in the restrooms. Please use these when changing your child’s diapers.
- Children 12 months and under are free during public hours.
- If you, your child or anyone in your family has had diarrhea in the past two weeks, please do not use the pool.
- It is the responsibility of the patrons when entering the facility to read and obey all posted signs for safety.
- No voluntary breath holding allowed
- Lifeguards and Managers have final authority
Clear Bag Policy NEW IN 2020
New for the 2020 pool season, JC Parks will implement a clear bag
policy at Memorial Park Family Aquatic Center and Ellis-Porter
Riverside Pool during public session hours.
This policy supports our priority to create a fun and safe
environment for our pool guests and staff.
Each patron may bring one clear bag that measures no larger
than 12” x 6” x 12”.
One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags are also permitted. In
addition to a clear bag, patrons may bring in a small clutch that
does not exceed 4.5” x 6.5”.
Clear Bag FAQs
Q. Will I be able to purchase a clear bag at the pool?
A. Both pools will have reusable clear totes available for
purchase at the admission gates. Visit
http://bit.ly/JCParksPoolPolicy for purchase fees and options.
Q. What do I do if I have medical equipment that doesn’t fit in
the permitted bags?
A. Pool staff will be on-hand to assist guests who have
medically necessary items.
Q. What about beach towels?
A. We ask that guests remove towels from their bags and carry
their them over their shoulders or arms when entering the
Q. Are diaper bags allowed?
A. No. Any supplies needed are required to be in a clear bag.
Each member of a family, including children, will be allowed to
bring an approved clear bag and a clutch purse into the pool.
• 12” x 6” x 12” clear bag
• 1-gallon plastic freezer bag
• 4.5” x 6.5” clutch with or without shoulder strap
• Back Pack
• Camera Case
• Cinch Bag
• Tinted Plastic Bag
• Printed Pattern Plastic Bag
• Fanny Pack
• Oversized Tote Bag
• Diaper Bag
• Mesh Bag
Inclement Weather Policy
When inclement weather occurs, aquatic staff will remain at the pools and attempt to re-open the pools as soon as possible. Rain passes will no longer be issued for inclement weather. Come swim at your own risk. For pool closing information, call the Parks and Recreation Hotline, (573) 634-6485 and press #5.
Termination of Participation
Any park user, program participant, or spectator who strikes, attempts to strike, verbally threatens to strike, or attempts to intimidate a Parks and Recreation employee or cause such employee or another park patron to be apprehensive about his/her personal safety; or who persists in the use of vulgar and inappropriate language in addressing a Parks and Recreation employee or at a Parks and Recreation program or facility; or who fails to heed the request of an on-site Parks and Recreation supervisor to vacate park property is subject to prosecution for violation of the City of Jefferson trespassing ordinance and suspension from attendance at Parks and Recreation programs or facilities for a period to be determined by the Director of Parks and Recreation.
The Parks and Recreation Commission has adopted the following refund policy regarding programs and facilities:
- If a cancellation is made prior to the registration deadline, a refund will be given, less a $5 processing fee.
- If a cancellation is made after the registration deadline , a refund will be given for 1/2 of the fee paid. No refund will be given if a cancellation is made after 9:00 a.m. two business days prior to program start date.
- Fees paid for team registrations are not refundable once a team registration has been accepted and recorded.
- Full refunds are made if a program is canceled by Parks and Recreation.
- Fees paid for admission to park facilities are not refundable.
- The $10 facility holding fee required to reserve park facilities/shelters is not refundable under any circumstance except as in #5 below.
- If a cancellation occurs ten or more business days prior to the scheduled reservation, the facility/hayride rental fee and deposit is refundable, less a $10 processing fee.
- If a cancellation occurs less than ten business days prior to the reservation, 1/2 of the rental fee and the entire damage deposit will be refunded.
- Full refunds are made if a rental is canceled by Parks and Recreation.
In an effort to keep our pool free of fecal matter, toddlers are required to wear swim diapers or plastic pants. Swim diapers are the safest barrier between your toddler and the water. These guidelines have been adopted for the health and safety of all who swim at our facilities. If your child has been sick with diarrhea please keep them at home until they are well. You may purchase swim diapers at either pool for $1.75 or bring your own.
Our lifeguards are highly trained and skilled. Their job is to assist in making our facilities a safe and enjoyable place to bring the family. However, they are not baby-sitters. Parents are expected to watch their children and to assist in enforcing the policies for the safety and enjoyment of all patrons. All children 10 YEARS OF AGE AND YOUNGER must be accompanied and supervised by a person 15 years of age or older. Our business is keeping your kids safe!