Spin has partnered with JC Parks to provide scooters along with bike share in Jefferson City. Wanna know more about scooters?
Download the app
- Who can ride a scooter? Riders must be at least 18 years old or are the Parent or Legal Guardian of the User, who is 13 years of age or older and have read and agreed to the terms, conditions, and agreement set forth on behalf of Parent or Legal Guardian and the User, and authorize the use of the Services by such minor User.
- Who manages the scooters? Spin has contracted with local business Mobile Tire Expert for schooter operations and maintenance.
- What is a scooter? The Spin scooters are battery-powered personal mobility vehicles that travel up to 15 mph.
- What does a ride cost? Scooters cost $1 to unlock and $0.15 per minute.
- When will scooters be available? They all goes well, scooters will be ready for rides on December 1, 2018.
- When can I ride? Scooters will be distributed each morning to designated zones around 7:00 am. At 6:00 pm each evening, inactive scooters will go offline. Current rides will go offline after 6:00 pm once the ride ends. Evening offline times are subject to change according to time of year.
- Will scooters be available all year? There may be a few times a year when unsafe conditions (like snow or ice) prevent scooter use, but our plan is to have scooters available year-round.
- Where can I find a scooter? Scooters will be dropped off at designated zones each morning and picked up every night. Available scooters will appear on the home screen of the Spin-Ride Your Way app.
- Where can I ride? Scooters are authorized to operate on roads and park trails. SCOOTERS ARE PROHIBITED ON SIDEWALKS.
- Why ride a scooter? Why not ride a scooter? It's fun, convenient, and efficient.
- How do I ride a scooter? Riders will see a list of instructions on the Spin-Ride Your Way app before beginning a ride.
- How do I close my ride? When finished riding, swipe the indicated direction on your app to end your scooter ride.
- Can I pause my ride? If you are running a quick errand, you can place your scooter in "lock" mode. This holds your scooter so someone else can't ride away with it. You will still be charged $0.15 per minute while in lock mode.
- Are helmets required? Riders are highly encouraged to wear helmets while using scooters. Missouri does not have a helmet law.
- How do I report an incident or accident?
If you were involved in an incident, big or small, we urge you to let us know as soon as possible and, of course, call 911 if it warrants an emergency. To start, contact us by selecting the Help button on the bottom right of your screen. Click the "Accidents/Emergencies" option and continue to fill out all of the necessary information on the form. Please be as specific as possible. Required information:
- Bike ID number
- Names of parties involved
- All contact information
- Any other information that is deemed necessary in determining what happened.